Intellectual Disability Rights Service (IDRS) is a not-for-profit organisation that operates a community legal centre and disability advocacy service working to ‘make rights real’ for people with cognitive disability in NSW. We value and demonstrate justice, respect and persistence in all our work.
IDRS is looking for an Information and Intake Officer for its community legal centre, the Ability Rights Centre.
The Ability Rights Centre provides legal advice and casework, education and advocacy services for people with cognitive disabilities. This position will be responsible for front desk and telephone reception, responding to enquiries, intake of new referrals to Ability Rights Centre, data entry and reporting and other administrative duties to support the work of the centre.
For more information about the work of IDRS visit our website www.idrs.org.au
- Full time position
- Salary range $56,108 – $61,256 depending on experience and qualifications
- Excellent not-for-profit tax benefits
- Contract position until December 2021
IDRS values a diverse workforce and encourages people with disability, First Nations people and people from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply for this position
See full position description attached below
- Reception duties
- Responding to enquiries and providing information
- Completing service intake
- Data entry and reporting
- Administrative support
- Contributing to a cohesive, reliable, high quality service
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE – SELECTION CRITERIA
You must include a statement explaining how you meet each of these criteria in your application
- Experience in a similar role in the community service or legal sectors. Role includes reception, responding to enquiries and incoming referrals, data entry and reporting and other administrative duties
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to communicate simply and clearly with people with intellectual or other cognitive impairment who may have difficulty with understanding
- Ability to maintain calm, non-judgemental and compassionate approach in challenging situations and with people who may be distressed or frustrated.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and manage competing priorities
- Strong skills and experience using Microsoft Suite, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Office 365
- Experience with data bases and producing reports. Experience with CLASS data base used by community legal centres and/or Australian Government Data Exchange data base (DEX) an advantage but not essential
Enquiries – Email email@example.com, using the subject line: Information and Intake Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.