From Monday 23 March 2020 the Intellectual Disability Rights Service (IDRS) team will be doing their work from home because of the Corona Virus.
But you can still contact all IDRS services on the usual phone numbers . Here are the numbers:
Ability Rights Centre (ARC) services – 02 9265 6350
The Ability Rights Centre can:
- Provide Legal Advice
- Help parents with intellectual disability
- Support with an appeal about an NDIS decision
- Support with submission or contact with the Disability Royal Commission
- Provide education
The Justice Advocacy Service can:
Justice Advocacy Service (JAS) – 1300 665 908 or 02 9265 6300
- Provide support with police or courts.
- Provide support if a person with cognitive impairment has been arrested – 24 hours, 7 days a week
Cognitive Impairment Diversion Program (CIDP) – for people with cognitive impairment with criminal cases in Penrith or Gosford courts
- Call the mobile phone number for the case officer or call 02 9265 6300 to be put through to the CIDP Team.
Service Management and administration enquiries call 02 9265 6300.
Remember IDRS is still open for business!
Visit our Facebook page for news and updates.
We understand that this is a very uncertain and scary time for a lot of people, Lifeline is available anytime of the day or night on 13 11 14.
Lifeline Text is also available nightly, 6pm-midnight, (AEDT) on 0477 13 11 14.