Work Type: 2 positions – 1 fulltime and 1 part-time educator 22.5 hours week.
Location: Office located in Sydney CBD
Applications Close: 10pm Sunday 8 December 2019
Intellectual Disability Rights Service (IDRS) operates a community legal centre, the Ability Rights Centre, and disability advocacy service. We work to ‘make rights real’ for people in NSW who live with intellectual disability or other cognitive impairment including brain injury and autism. We value and demonstrate justice, respect and persistence in all our work.
IDRS is looking for 2 new educators: 1 full time and 1 part time 22.5 hours week to join our education team. This innovative team provides rights focused education programs and projects designed to advance the rights of people with cognitive impairment. Education is developed and delivered alongside educators who live with cognitive impairment. The position includes some advocacy support to individuals with cognitive impairment.
These are short term contract positions until 3 July 2020. Extension may be possible depending on funding beyond that date.
These positions are located in our community legal centre which also employs solicitors and disability advocates. Staff work collaboratively to advance the rights of people with cognitive impairment through a variety of strategies.
For more information about the work of IDRS visit our website www.idrs.org.au
- Contract position until 3 July 2020 – Extension depends on future funding
- Start date flexible –as early as possible in January 2020
- Based in Sydney CBD
- Salary range based on full time + 9.5% Superannuation
- Excellent not for profit tax benefits
- Flexible working conditions
IDRS values a diverse workforce and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from cultural and linguistically diverse background to apply for these positions
Key Responsibilities – see full position description attached below
1. Design educational programs and projects
2. Delivery and Evaluation
3. Information and Service Provision
4. Staff Support and Development
5. Develop and Support client consultation pathways
6. Individual advocacy
8. Contribute to a cohesive, reliable, high quality service
Essential skills and knowledge – selection criteria
Your application must include a statement explaining how you meet each of these following selection criteria in your application
- Experience in designing educational programs for people with cognitive impairment of other marginalised groups. Experience in co-design of educational programs with people from marginalised communities an advantage.
- Experience in facilitating and delivering educational programs for people with disability
- Proven ability to produce creative information resources to support educational programs
- Experience in advocating for individuals with cognitive impairment or for individuals from other marginalised groups
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting empowerment and leadership skills in people with cognitive impairment or other marginalised people
- Demonstrated ability to plan and complete projects efficiently in accordance with goals and time lines
Desirable experience and skills
Experience in producing Easy read information resources
Experience with E-Learning platforms
In your application please indicate whether you are interested in the full time or part time position or both.
To apply email your cover letter, resume and a statement addressing the above 8 areas of essential and desirable skills and knowledge to email@example.com Please write Educator Position’ in the subject line.
Closing time: 10pm Sunday 8 December 2019
Enquiries – Contact: Jonathon Kelleher 02 9265 6350 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We plan to conduct interviews before Christmas